FORMAT: REGION-FREE DVD - Plays anywhere worldwide
Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily are the stepping stones between Europe and Africa. A mix of Italian, French and Moorish traditions visitors have long been attracted to the contrasting cultures and scenery of these three Mediterranean islands. Traveler Ian Wright begins his journey on the French island of Corsica, the birthplace of Napoleon, where he enjoys a wealth of outdoor activities. He then sails to the Italian island of Sardinia to celebrate the S'Ardia Festival and witness the fine horsemanship of the locals. Ians final destination is the island of Sicily where he cooks up a storm with a local pasta chef before ending his journey on top of Stromboli's smoking and lava-spitting volcano. along the way...
- Hike a rugged Corsican mountain range
- Drive an old Fiat Topolino through the hills of Sardinia
- See a wild horse race in a remote mountain community
- Work for your passage on a luxury yacht across the Mediterranean
- Enjoy the Festival of Saint Rosalia in Sicily as the city comes alive with lights and people are showered with rose petals
* The material on this video was previously released under the title of Lonely Planet.
Runtime: 52 minutes per program
Region Free DVD - plays in any DVD player worldwide